Jazz Fest 2022 Community Outreach Ticket program
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation announces the return of Community Outreach Ticket program for Jazz Fest 2022
NEW ORLEANS (February 8, 2022) – The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation supports community involvement in the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival 2022 presented by Shell by distributing thousands of free tickets to Louisiana social service nonprofits through the Community Outreach Ticket program. Applications are currently being accepted until Friday, March 18, 2022 at 11:00pm CST.
The Community Outreach Ticket program was created to give out free Jazz Fest tickets via nonprofit organizations. Tickets go to those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to attend the festival because of finances or other hardships. The Foundation supports community involvement in the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival by distributing thousands of free tickets to the world-famous festival of local music and culture.
Louisiana–based community groups, high schools, churches, government agencies that provide services to the needy, and nonprofit organizations are intended recipients of the tickets.
This program is for Louisiana based nonprofits that provide DIRECT social services.
Social services are defined as:
“Benefits and facilities such as education, food subsidies, health care, and subsidized housing provided by a non-profit organization to improve the life and living conditions of the children, disabled, the elderly, and the poor in the national community.”
To be eligible for Community Outreach Tickets, your organization must provide these services directly to individuals on a regular, ongoing basis (daily, weekly, monthly). Agencies that provide only occasional services are not eligible. Agencies that provide services only to groups (such as classes) are not eligible.
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation’s Community Outreach Tickets program provides entry to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell (Jazz Fest), the Foundation’s main fundraising event. The purpose of Community Outreach Tickets is to provide access to Jazz Fest for those who otherwise could not afford to attend the festival. Only one application per organization.
About The Community Outreach Tickets Program:
The intent of the Community Outreach Tickets program is to provide access to Jazz Fest for people who otherwise would not be able to attend because of economic or physical hardship. Please honor this intent by following our published guidelines:
- Community Outreach Tickets must be chosen for either Weekend 1 or Weekend 2 of Jazz Fest. See the full schedule for each weekend here: https://www.nojazzfest.com/music/
- The tickets are valid only on the dates printed on the tickets, so be sure to check the tickets carefully.
- If you need assistance for any of your clients with disabilities, please call Festival Productions at (504) 410-4100 and ask for the Access Department.
- Your tickets are valid for entry through the main gates.
- All Festival prohibitions must be honored (no chairs, outside food, etc.).
- Community Outreach Tickets may be distributed ONLY to the people who receive your organization’s services and designated chaperons.
- Community Outreach Tickets are NOT to be used by your organization’s staff, volunteers, donors, board members, contractors or business clients.
- Community Outreach Tickets may NOT be sold or used for fundraising purposes.
- If an organization violates the intent of the Community Outreach Ticket Program and its guidelines, the violating organization will be barred from receiving Community Outreach Tickets in the future.