Applications for the 2021-2022 Catapult Fund program are closed, and class is now in session.
The purpose of the Catapult Fund is to encourage innovation and sustainability for entrepreneurs through training and investment.
The Catapult Fund is open to entrepreneurs in the beauty, fashion and jewelry industries throughout Louisiana including clothing, cosmetics, soaps, hair products, and more. This program is a partnership between the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation and Capital One Bank and the Louisiana Small Business Development Center Greater New Orleans and River Region.
This dynamic and interactive training is designed to assist entrepreneurs in developing and accessing growth opportunities to take their business to the next level of success. Topics are designed to provide the information and skillsets to survive and thrive in the evolving marketing and economic environment. The weekly sessions will be held virtually and include actionable steps to improve business performance. Each participant will be matched with a business advisor who will provide additional guidance, assistance, and encouragement during and beyond the program at no charge. Each session will be 2.5 hours for a total of 30 hours. Those who successfully complete all aspects of the Catapult Fund training program will be awarded cash grants from a pool totaling $50,000.
The Catapult Fund provides a 12-session course, over a three-month period of business training. Courses will be taught in:
- Utilizing business advisors
- Identifying and reaching profitable customers and business opportunities
- Product placement
- Marketing basics
- Online marketing techniques: utilizing social media, website best practices, sales techniques, online presence
- Cybersecurity: keeping customers and data secure
- Best practices for resiliency and sustainability
- Accounting, record keeping, taxes, financial management
- Strategic growth plans, goal setting
- How to access capital to grow the business
Deadlines and Class Schedule
- Application deadline is Friday, January 14th at 4:00 p.m. (cst)
Tuesday, January 25: Interviews will take place virtually.
Tuesday, February 1: Training Session 1
Tuesday, February 8: Training Session 2
Tuesday, February 15: Training Session 3
Tuesday February 22: Training Session 4
Tuesday, March 8, Training Session 5
Tuesday, March 15, Training Session 6
Tuesday, March 22, Training Session 7
Tuesday, March 29, Training Session 8
Tuesday, April 5, Training Session 9
Tuesday, April 12, Training Session 10
Tuesday, April 19, Training Session 11
Tuesday, April 26, Training Session 12
Classes will take place every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.- noon. All classes will be held virtually.
Who Can Apply ?
Business owners in the beauty, fashion, and design industries should consider applying for the Catapult Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- Small business in the beauty, fashion and design industries in Louisiana (including LLCs, sole-proprietorships and incorporated businesses). Startups are welcome, as are seasoned businesses.
- Business has gross annual revenues of less than $500,000
- Business training in best business practices is needed.
- Business is not yet registered with the State of Louisiana, do not have occupational licenses, do not have Profit & Loss statements or cannot provide a current tax return/schedule C are welcome to apply.
- Business owners are willing to commit to participating in a virtual 12-session training program over a three-month period.
- Nonprofits and individuals (other than sole-proprietorships) are not eligible.
- Religious organizations, government entities and businesses with outstanding state or federal tax obligations also are not eligible to apply.
Our partners in the Catapult Fund are:
If you have questions about the Catapult Fund, the guidelines or need application assistance, please send an email to email@example.com
For general questions or media inquiries about the Catapult Fund, please contact the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation by calling (504) 558-6100 or sending an email here.
Links & Downloads: