Community Partnership Grants - Current Grant Cycle
Reinvesting the proceeds from Jazz Fest directly into the community.
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP GRANTS
CURRENT GRANT CYCLE
For information about the history of the Community Partnership Grants program, including grant statistics and lists of winners from previous grant cycles, please see here.
2015-2016 GRANT CYCLE
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 cycle of Community Partnership Grants. The deadline to apply is Friday, June 26, 2015.
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP GRANTS
We are offer grants of up to $5,000 in four categories:
- Jazz & Heritage In-School Education Programs in Music, Arts and Cultural Traditions. This category supports music and arts instruction that takes place at Louisiana K-12 schools during the regular school day. Schools may apply for money to pay for instruments/instrument repair, sheet music, art supplies or other needed materials. Only one application per school is allowed.
- Jazz & Heritage After-School and Summer Education Programs in Music, Arts and Cultural Traditions. This category supports after-school and summer educational arts programs offered by nonprofit organizations and Louisiana K-12 schools. Organizations may apply for money only to pay the professional service fees of the artists or educators who will do the instruction.
- Jazz Journey Presenting: Festivals and Concerts in Music and Performing Arts. This category supports employment for Louisiana performing artists by providing funding to Louisiana-based nonprofit arts organizations that hire Louisiana-based musicians or other performing artists to perform at cultural events in the state. Only arts-based organizations in Louisiana may apply.
- Jazz & Heritage Archive: Documentation and Preservation. This category supports the creation, documentation or exhibition of art works that document or interpret the indigenous culture of Louisiana. Individuals and non-profits may apply. Priority will be given to Louisiana-based applicants.
The guidelines and application forms for all four categories are available in the Downloads section below. Those awarded funding will be notified by Sept. 15.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2015-2016?
Education: For the second time, we are allowing private and parochial schools to apply along with public schools (including charters as well as traditional schools) for grants in our category for "In-School Education Programs." We recognize that even though private schools may charge tuition, they often struggle to pay for arts supplies and instruments just as much as public schools. So we are accepting applications from non-public as well as public schools.
Simplified Budget Form: Also for our "In-School Education Programs" category, we have greatly simplified the budget form. All schools will need to provide the school's total operating budget as well as the school's budget for arts instruction and the amount the school allocates each year for music/art supplies and materials. Private schools need to tell us whether or not they charge tuition, how much it costs and the percentage of students that receives a full or partial scholarship or tuiation waiver. All schools need to tell us the percentage of students that qualifies for free or reduced-price lunch.
Only One Application Per School: In recent years we have received multiple applications from some schools. This year, we will disqualify any schools that submit more than one application. Music and art teachers must check with their principals and colleagues before submitting an application to make sure that no one else in the school is submitting one.
Event Presenters - Arts-Based Non-Profits Only: In the past, we have accepted applications in our "Jazz Journey Presenting" category from any kind of non-profit as long as it was based in Louisiana. This year, only arts-based non-profits may apply. Organizations whose mission is not arts-based - such as social service agencies, religious organizations or municipal governments - may not apply unless they are partnered with an arts-based non-profit.
Please read the category guidelines carefully before starting an application. Staff members of the Jazz & Heritage Foundation will be happy to answer questions or explain the process before the deadline. Questions should be directed to Programs, Marketing & Communications, via e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephone at (504) 558-6100.
As in the past, we will hold two public workshops to explain our grants program in detail and to answer any questions. These will take place:
The workshops will be at the George and Joyce Wein Jazz & Heritage Center (1225 N. Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116).
These workshops are free and open to the public. Please use the links above to let us know you plan to attend.
If you have received a Community Partnership Grant in the past but have not yet submitted a final report, you have until Sept. 1 to get it in. You may still apply for a grant in the current cycle. But if we don't receive and approve any outstanding final reports by Sept. 1, any grants you may be allocated in the current cycle will be cancelled.
FINAL REPORT FORMS
Grant recipients may access our Final Report forms in the Downloads section below.You may see lists of prior grant recipients in the Downloads section below.
Please join our e-mail list to be notified when we make announcements about this program. For more information, please call the Jazz & Heritage Foundation at (504) 558-6100.
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: IN-SCHOOL EDUCATION PROGRAMS Word Doc
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: AFTER-SCHOOL AND SUMMER EDUCATION PROGRAMS Word Doc
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: ARCHIVE DOCUMENTATION & PRESERVATION Word Doc
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: JAZZ JOURNEY PRESENTING Word Doc
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: IN-SCHOOL EDUCATION PROGRAMS PDF
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: ARCHIVE DOCUMENTATION & PRESERVATION PDF
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: AFTER-SCHOOL AND SUMMER EDUCATION PROGRAMS PDF
- 2015-2016 Guidelines and Application Form: JAZZ JOURNEY PRESENTING PDF
- 2015-2016 Detailed Budget Form - Optional
- 2015-2016 Budget Narrative Form - Optional
- 2014-2015 Grant Recipients: Jazz Journey Presenting
- 2014-2015 Grant Recipients: Documentation & Preservation
- 2014-2015 Grant Recipients: After-School Programs
- 2014-2015 Grant Recipients: In-School Programs
- 2014-2015 Grant Statistics
- 2013-2014 Grant Statistics
- 2014-2015 FINAL REPORT FORM: Education
- 2014-2015 FINAL REPORT FORM: Archive-Documentation
- 2014-2015 FINAL REPORT FORM: Presenting
- SERVICE PROVIDER FORM 2015-2016 Event Presenters
- SERVICE PROVIDER FORM 2015-2016 Archive Documentation
- SERVICE PROVIDER FORM 2015-2016 In-School Education
- SERVICE PROVIDER FORM 2015-2016 After-School Education
Links & Downloads:
Jazz & Heritage Foundation Logo
The attached file of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation logo may be downloaded to use when acknowledging the Foundation as a funder of a project that was awarded grant funding.
Click the links below to play videos.
2011 Community Partnership Grants Presentation
Giving out $200,000 on Nov. 30, 2011.